Many of us have tried countless acne cures, ointments, and lotions, sold to us as science’s new miracle, but they failed to provide a long-term solution to acne and blackheads. Artificial treatments often contain harsh chemicals, which can cause inflammation, stimulating a hormonal reaction and increased sebum production. Here at Blackhead Expert, we like to promote a range of solutions to acne and blackheads, including natural remedies. For mild cases of blackheads and acne, we thoroughly recommend trying home remedies using natural ingredients. These remedies are great fun and can really work wonders, but if you suffer from more advanced acne/blackheads, please visit our main page for details on suitable products.
Fruits and honey contain a variety of different properties that can be helpful in fighting acne. They include vitamins, antioxidants, dietary fiber, as well as vital elements such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, and sulfur, which boost skin repair. When applied in a facial mask, these nutrients can access the skin directly. Here we will now give a couple of nice ideas for natural facial masks:
Natural acne remedies – Honey Face Masks
One of our favorite natural acne remedies is honey. You can easily get a pot of honey for minimal cost, and it can be applied on your face using a Q tip, as well as ingested. You can also get honey masks from the market or a herbalist. Using the honey mask is simple enough. All you have to do is apply it on your skin and then leave it to set for at least fifteen minutes, after which it should be washed thoroughly. Honey can moisturize and boost your complexion, nourish skin with antioxidants, and fight acne and blackheads with its antibacterial properties. Honey really is a superfood and well worth a try as a natural acne treatment.
Strawberry Face Masks for Acne
Strawberries are great for your health as well as your skin. Strawberries help in regulating blood flow and blood sugar levels in the body and contain the powerful antioxidant ellagic acid, which helps improve both dermal and internal health. Strawberries are also able to fight acne, primarily due to their acidity which enhances the removal of sebum from pores. They also contain large quantities of vitamin C, which is known to reduce sebum production and promote collagen growth. Strawberries are also an astringent and therefore may lighten your skin, reducing the appearance of acne scars and blemishes.
Here’s how to create a strawberry face mask for acne:
- First, take 4-5 strawberries and rinse them with lukewarm water. It would be wise to use a sieve while rinsing them.
- Place these strawberries in a bowl and then use a potato masher to crush and mash them. In case the strawberries are quite soggy or soft still, you can use a fork or a spoon.
- Put in 2 teaspoons of whipped cream in the mashed strawberries and then add in another teaspoon of honey and mix it well. You can use a blender for this.
- Then, apply this blended mixture on your face and your neck. Make sure you use lots of the mixture to ensure that the mixture gets thoroughly absorbed by your skin’s pores. Avoid getting the mixture in contact with areas such as your eyes.
- Stay in a room with moderate temperature for at least 20 minutes. After you are done, you can wash off the mask with warm water using a flannel. However, scrubbing excessively hard is not recommended, though you should make sure that everything is properly removed from your neck and your face.
Honey and strawberries are great natural acne remedies, and creating their face masks isn’t difficult at all. By just mixing items available easily at-home such as whipped cream, honey, and fruits like strawberries, you will get a great face mask that can do a world of good when applied regularly.
Moreover, honey can also be ingested on a daily basis for health benefits. Other fruits such as apples, oranges and peaches may be used in place of strawberries and are thought to show similar nutritional and skin healing properties.